The role of a coach is that of a strategic business partner. The coaching relationship is built on trust–that the coach supports the client without judgment. Furthermore, trust is built on the belief and fact that all coaching conversations remain confidential between the individual and the coach. When coaching is provided, the relationship may extend to the individual’s supervisor or partner in life, who helps define the performance goals and provides feedback on progress, but does not engage in the actual coaching sessions.
Coaches demonstrate knowledge through past experience and application of basic competencies. At PCI, we have adopted the competencies identified by the International Coaching Federation (ICF) where the coach must meet ethical guidelines of the profession.
- Establish a coaching agreement or letter of engagement.
- Create a safe environment for the client to explore insights and develop new skills.
- Establish a trusting relationship with the client via maintenance of confidentiality, empathy, and use of self.
- Model effective behaviors by being fully present, attentive, and spontaneous.
- Engage the client through active listening and providing a clear sounding board as well as pertinent feedback..
- Ask pertinent and powerful questions that stimulate new ways of thinking as well as new ways of being.
- Be a direct communicator by saying what is so, when it is so without blame or judgment.
- Create and raise the client’s awareness by adding new lens for seeing and new frames for holding perceptions.
- Design and create action plans and action behaviors.
- Develop plans and establish goals congruent with the client.
- Manage the client’s progress and hold him/her responsible for action. In addition to the above, effective coaches believe in the potential of their client and demonstrate, through their “use of self”, a personal integrity in “walking the talk.”
- One-on-One Coaching
- Our personalized one-on-one coaching is an effective tool to support you with taking on big challenges. Our clients become more effective in their jobs and lives, and enhance their capacities across the board.
- Shadow Consulting
- We offer special consulting services to other consultants and change agents who are taking on large projects. Our shadow consulting services provide targeted behind the scenes support at key junctures like planning and conceptualizing projects, designing effective activities to engage participants.
Your First Discovery Session is free of charge! We offer competitive rates that costs about the same amount of money as seeing any health professional. Package rates and hourly rates available. All PCI’s services have a 30 day money back guarantee for a full refund should you not see the value in our services.
If are ready to jump start your life, and say yes to your dreams, contact us today!
Across the board of ethnicity, class, gender, and age, every type of individual can seek coaching for the many scenarios that appear in life. The one trait these people have in common is the desire to change part of their life so they are happier, and the realization that they will stay focused and get there quicker with the support of a coach.